Its Been a while since I wrote about my single journey simply because I put it all in my book www.jennifermichellem.com/books.html. :)
However things have shifted and changed in my life so lets get an update poppin. I havent been on a date in about a year, and while this could be daunting for some its a reflection to me of God divine protection. Also my decision not to waste time with anyone who just isnt it!
As most of you who have been following know I receive ALOT of prophetic insight about my husband so Im pretty clear on who he is and is not. This helps me save time.
Now I have recently turned 30 whoop whoop and while some women dread not being married or in a relationship...I'm over here like " Im a grown woman , I can do what ever I want" (beyonce Voice).
My 20s were eventful and I achieved way more than I ever set out to ....so Im coming into 30 like lets get it.
Now how do I feel about being single?
On the real it sucks sometimes! lol Just being honest , but its not all the time.
Majority of the time Im satisfied with where I am because Im 100% confident in what God promised me.
Does this mean the enemy doesn't try it ? Of course he does but I have to quickly shift my mindset back to what God said.
LEAVING me Satisfied :)
Now as I am entering my 30s I feel like my life kicked into high gear. Its time for me to continue this legacy I plan to leave for my family. I know my hubster is near, and possibly even checks my social media daily waiting on God to release him to speak (idk lol) but where ever he is I am expectant of his arrival. No longer anxious just expectant.
So here is how I stay focused , and unbothered
1. I know what God has says , and I rehearse it in my heart often. This keeps my mind on the right track.
2. I know what I deserve , and What I dont deserve. Be clear that God has called for a man to love you like christ loves the church. If it doesnt mirror that I dont want it.
3. I make sure not to have time fillers. No one texting just because , no pointless dates , or anything else that I dont feel is God sent. Period.
4. I stay busy. No idle time .If you are FULLY in tune with God you have destiny assignments and deadlines. I often think how a hubby and kids will fit in lol!
5. Accountability . You need people that you check in with before you decide to pursue/ or allow someone to pursue . In a multitude of counsel there is safety.