'Today is my 30th birthday and I am thankful for what my 20s taught me. I am also excited about what my 30s will bring. I didn't complete " my plan" but Gods plan went pass my expectations. I am going to go through a series of things I've learned and the go live via facebook LIVE and periscope later :)
30 things Ive learned in my 20s
1. Go to College! although I didn't finish at NCCU, I did have the BEST experience there. I learned a lot , made many mistakes ,and made lifetime friendships.
2. If you don't want kids and aren't going to abstain from sex USE BIRTH CONTROL. Now Ive been abstaining for a few years now but I promise birth control held me down in my early 20s. No need bringing kids into the world because you cant control your flesh. I rather you abstain but I do realize everyone WONT!
3 Find out what friendship is, and what it is NOT. Qualify the people in your life ,and realize everyone isn.t meant for forever. Also don't be so broken that you throw away a treasure.
4. Fall in love ,and learn along the way what you want/deserve.
5.Find christ :) I was baptized in my 20s and accepted the lord into my heart 4EVER
6. Obey the Law. Plan and simple. Get my book for the story.
7. Learn to think for yourself . Don't be influenced by everyone and everything.
8. Actually read your bible. I feel sorry for the younger generations because they don't understand that "woke" is really sleep and witchcraft is running rampant. Read and study for yourself.
9. Don't let "perfectionism" stop you from experiencing pain. You need to feel it. Its ok. So who care what people think.
10. Let your pain produce products. " Good girl, Gone bad , Gone Holy" by me :)
11. Domestic abuse is real and you need to leave the 1st time.
12. Take risk. I joined It works Global for $99 at 24 and havent worked a 9-5 since making a healthy 6 figure income :)
13.learn how to manage your money and save.
14. Learn how to pray. For yourself , family , spouse , children , strangers etc.
15. Find your purpose.
16. Create boundaries for your life.
17. Work on your credit
18. Forgive yourself :) and others QUICKLY!
19. Don't be afraid of Deliverance. There are things in your life you don't even know are holding you back. Going through it with people who are skilled will change your life.
20. Forgive your parents. ex. If one was absent forgive them and start over.
21. You know you have truly matured when you can be happy for someone else's blessings.
22. Hesitation and is an answer and "No" is a complete sentence
23.Take the high road its never crowded
24. Playing Victim will get you NO WHERE
25. The best way out of something is through.
26. Put old things away. You will at some point have to grow up.
27. Try new things :), Move to a NEW city :)
28. Be grateful for the small things.
29. Your perspective shapes your reality. Excuses do too. Ditch them
30. Never give up. Quitters NEVER win. Dont be one.
Lastly I was nominated for an award for most inspiring take a second and vote for me. Link is below :)