Finding time to get in your word daily can be a struggle for many reasons. Some of us just haven't found a genuine interest in it. Some of us make excuses about time, kids , work etc (which aren't valid FYI). Whatever it is please understand that there is an adversary who is encouraging your lack of reading , and he rejoices every day you skip out on God. Let me share on some reasons God wants you to Read, and why Satan doesn't.
1. Satan wants you stupid! Sorry there is no easier way to say this. The word is instruction and a tool to test EVERYTHING that seems "true". The word is how we protect ourselves from false teaching, witch craft , and all the new age crap that is coming out. Satans plan is to make you ignorant to his.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 ESV / All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.
2. Satans desire is for us to become lost and in lured into his trap. The word gives us a road map. The more time we spend in God presence the more he guides us. When we need answers the word provides. When we are fearful the word makes us bold. When we don;t understand the word gives us peace.
Psalm 119:105 ESV / Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
3. Satan wants us to give up on God. He wants you to lose your zeal. The word is given to us to keep going in days of strength and weakness.
Romans 15:4 ESV / For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.
4. Satan want us to stay the same. He doesnt want us to grow. His desire is that we arent convicted to be like christ, but that we stay comfortable in sin. The word cuts , it changes you , it makes you look like God. It will shift ,and change your perspective. Satan is trying his very best to stop you from this.
Hebrews 4:12 ESVFor the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
5. He wants you to fight carnally. Meaning in your own strength. When the word clearly tells us the weapons of our warfare are spiritual. We use the word to fight him in adverse situations. By relying on the word we show God we trust him & we show satan he loses. He hates to lose so he keeps you out of your word. rendering you defenseless.
Proverbs 30:5 ESV
Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.
If you are finding it hard to read your word. Ask God to deepen your desire, expose your heart , cleanse your mind ,and fill you with his spirit. Then actively fight pass your feelings and excuses and set time aside. God wants us to meditate on his word day & night so we wont sin against him(psalms 119:11). The more time you spend with God the deeper your relationship grows. You learn about his heart ,and plans for your life. You begin a love journey that will never run dry. God is the most loyal person on your team. Spend time with him in his word. The next time you say you love God ask yourself when was the last time you spent time with him. How can you love someone you don't commune with?
Now please don't think Im perfect patty because this blog has convicted my heart the entire time. Lets take these convictions to God , repent , and dig in daily.
John 1:1 ESV n the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
comment below and share with a friend :)
Love yall !
Jennifer M. M.
P.S. You just spent time in the word reading this blog (smile)
Ephesians 6:10-18Amplified Bible (AMP)The Armor of God10 In conclusion, be strong in the Lord [draw your strength from Him and be empowered through your union with Him] and in the power of His [boundless] might. 11 Put on the full armor of God [for His precepts are like the splendid armor of a heavily-armed soldier], so that you may be able to [successfully] stand up against all the schemes and the strategies and the deceits of the devil. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood [contending only with physical opponents], but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this [present] darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly (supernatural) places. 13 Therefore, put on the complete armor of God, so that you will be able to [successfully] resist and stand your ground in the evil day [of danger], and having done everything [that the crisis demands], to stand firm [in your place, fully prepared, immovable, victorious]. 14 So stand firm and hold your ground, having[a]tightened the wide band of truth (personal integrity, moral courage) around your waist and having put on the breastplate of righteousness (an upright heart), 15 and having [b]strapped on your feet the gospel of peace in preparation [to face the enemy with firm-footed stability and the readiness produced by the good news]. 16 Above all, lift up the [protective] [c]shield of faith with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.
18 With all prayer and petition pray [with specific requests] at all times [on every occasion and in every season] in the Spirit, and with this in view, stay alert with all perseverance and petition [interceding in prayer] for all [d]God’s people.